Sunday, October 09, 2005

 

Well said Mr Andrews

A Dáil TD has urged parents to ban their children from buying fireworks in the run-up to Halloween.

Fianna Fáil backbencher Barry Andrews said fireworks are currently being sold illegally on Dublin streets. (You don't say?)

"Every year Accident and Emergency wards are filled with children who get horrific injuries at Halloween from using fireworks.

"It is a criminal offence to sell these products and the law must be strictly applied in this regard.

"Parents should report anybody selling fireworks to the gardaí."

I agree with Mr Andrews. I made my feelings clear on bangers and fireworks last Monday. Not only are they a nuisance and dangerous to young children, they also cause much distress to animals such as my own dog.

As I write this there are some young morons letting them off around my neighbourhood in broad daylight.

It's time that the Government stood up to these muppets and made sure these things leave society not with a bang, but with a whimper.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

© 2008 United Irelander.