Saturday, January 08, 2005

 

It Ain't Over 'Til You Marry a Horse

I see the BBC is bracing itself for a backlash as the controversial musical Jerry Springer-The Opera goes out uncut at 10pm on BBC2 tonight.
The Opera based on the hit US show has sparked a record 7,361 complaints to TV watchdogs and protesters have burned symbolic TV licenses over the issue.

Is it just me or is there a really simple solution to this issue?Have these people not heard of a remote control?
I really don't see the problem.It's on at 10pm which is an hour after the watershed so why are people getting their knickers in a twist?
There's more than one TV channel.If you don't like what your seeing,watch something else!

I applaud the BBC for not giving into the pressure.Censorship must always be opposed.
I'm sure the BBC are delighted in one way though as there has been enormous publicity given to the show.
I'll certainly tune in tonight!

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

© 2008 United Irelander.