Friday, March 18, 2005
Fun Irelander Feature-Drunken Stupidity
I see there were quite alot of arrests throughout Ireland yesterday as people became a bit too exuberant over St.Patrick's Day.I myself acted pretty dumb as my post this morning indicated.Drinking can be quite fun in moderation but there is an ugly side to it.Below, I give you the things I hate about drinking:
- The hangover - It's horrible to wake up and find that your head feels like it's been hit with a chair.Hopefully this won't have actually happened to you the night previously.
- The loss of inhibitions - This can be fun, but when it gets to the point where you're laughing hysterically at the giant 7 foot bloke with the funny beard, that's not fun at all.
- Chat-up attempts - When I'm drunk I tend to think that I'm a real ladies man.This can lead to embarrassing situations.Like the time I chatted up the two Swedish ladies and asked them if they liked Abba.I'm sure they liked Abba more than they did me.
- Having to go to the toilet over and over through the night.
- Throwing up after alot of drinking.Also, finding out the next day that you also threw up on your brand new jeans. (a discovery I made this morning)
- The loss of balance - It's not pleasant when you have to hang on to a lamppost for dear life.
- Drinking on an empty stomach - When you can feel the beer filling up in your belly, you know you're in for a rough night.
- Getting close to a woman who seemed very attractive at the time.
- Realising the above the next morning.
- The horrible aftertaste you're left with.I still can taste the drink from last night!
So there you have it.Some things I really hate about drinking.Then again, I'll probably end up going out drinking again this weekend.It's not easy being Irish.Or responsible...
© 2008 United Irelander.