Sunday, January 09, 2005

 

Ahern to Stand for Third Term-No!

Taoiseach Bertie Ahern today confirmed he will contest one more general election before stepping down.
He plans on leading Fianna Fail into a third poll in the summer of 2007 before stepping down in 2011 when he reaches the age of 60.

"Whatever happens in the next election-and my aim will be to make sure that Fianna Fail are back in government-that will run the period from 2007 to 2012 and 2012 puts it on the other side of Bertie Ahern's political life," he said.

Ahern added: "I will do everything I can to make sure Fianna Fail are in government in 2007.

"I will stay that term but I won't be around for the fourth term."

Surely the Irish people aren't stupid enough to elect this morally challenged lot again?
It's time for a change,for goodness sake!
If that isn't bad enough,Ahern let his feelings be known on working with the Progressive Democrats: "If Fianna Fail and the Progressive Democrats continue to work together,I'll be very happy."

I won't.I'll be very unhappy!Someone else!Someone else!



|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

© 2008 United Irelander.