Sunday, March 12, 2006

 

Blog Awards - United Irelander misses out

People wondering where I am probably The photo to your left (nicked from Geared Up Blog) is of the Irish Blog Awards event which took place at the Alexander Hotel last night. From what I hear, the evening went very well indeed and everybody wanted to meet me (OK I made that last part up).

Sadly folks, United Irelander did not win the award for Best Political Blog. Instead, that honour went to Slugger O'Toole. Congratulations to Slugger and it means Pete Baker now has that award to be proud of as well as the one he won in the United Irelander Blog Awards.

It's a bit disappointing, and not altogether unexpected, but hey, if being Irish has taught me anything, it's that winning isn't important whatsoever. Besides, I still have that gold medal I won from the egg and spoon race in primary school and nobody can take that away from me.

In all seriousness, I want to say thank you to those of you who very kindly nominated me for Best Political Blog (If only you'd been the judges, eh?) and also to those of you who have wished me good luck in the run up to the awards. It means alot that some of you out there enjoy what I write and while it's a cliché to say it, being nominated truly is an honour in itself.

(Final note on the awards - If a Corkonian was the judge for that political blog award I'll be ragin'!)

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

© 2008 United Irelander.