Tuesday, December 20, 2005

 

Christmas under attack by PC loons!

Political correctness - one of the things I despise!

Sadly, each year when we approach the 25th of December, loony lefties who espouse political correctness rub their hands together with glee as they prepare for another onslaught on Christmas!

On Sunday, the Archbishop of Canterbury Rowan Williams said that "silly bureaucrats" wanted to
wipe Christian symbols from Christmas.

"It's all because of the idea that our neighbours from other religious traditions will be offended by Christian symbols", said Williams.

"The truth is they're usually much happier with the idea of a Christian festival than with some general excuse to have a good time in midwinter."

Cliff Richard also came out and
attacked the PC brigade who villify Christmas:

"I'm saying 'hello, I've got friends who are Asian, I wish them Happy Diwali, they wish me Happy Christmas'. In fact they enjoy Christmas. And when I've been there and there's Diwali going on I've enjoyed that too to be honest with you.

"I'm not so sure why they're so upset about the sensitivity of other religions who actually don't mind that we celebrate Christmas."

Rowan Williams and Cliff Richard are right. The campaign to derail Christmas is obscene and insulting. Nowadays you have employers releasing cards saying 'Happy Holidays' because they're afraid to upset minorities by using the word 'Christmas'. What a load of nonsense! I find it hard to believe that someone can be insulted by the words 'Merry Christmas'.

This political correctness stuff is getting out of hand. You can't say 'chairman' any more, instead you have to say 'chairperson'. You can't call someone a 'foreigner' any more, instead you must call them 'foreign nationals' or 'non-nationals'. You can't use the word 'failure' any more, instead you must use the words 'deferred success'. Fat people aren't fat, they're 'obese'!

It's madness! Thank God Neil Armstrong landed on the moon in 1969 instead of 2005. Can you imagine what would have happened if Neil Armstrong had said his famous words in this day and age? It would probably be something like this...

Armstrong: "That's one small step for Man, one giant leap for mankind."

NASA: "That was beautiful Neil but uh, some of the crew here feel your comments might be a tad insensitive. We feel it's important to point out that it's one small step for people, and one giant leap for humankind."

What a crazy age we live in, eh?

Let me just say this. I love Christmas. Always have. I feel it's a great time of year and it reminds me of the important things in life. I won't listen to those who seek to demonise it.

I will say 'Merry Christmas' as much as I want whether people like it or not! And to those who are offended by me saying Merry Christmas, I have just two words for you...

Merry Christmas!

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

© 2008 United Irelander.