Tuesday, October 04, 2005

 

Top Ten Tuesday - Worst sports

Remember recently when England beat Australia in some Cricket tournament? The English celebrated in a very low-key fashion as usual (cough). I was astonished however when I recently caught up with a friend of mine, to hear that he had been following events closely and that he actually liked the sport. I myself don't know the rules to Cricket nor do I want to as when I switch on the TV and see Cricket I struggle to stay awake. That got me thinking about some other sports that I hate and before I knew it, I had made myself a list. Therefore this week I present to you the top ten worst sports as decided by me. So without further ado:

1. Cricket - It's just so dull. The only chance of something interesting happening would be if a streaker ran on the field. If that happened, the Umpire would probably have a stroke seeing as he wouldn't be used to such excitement. Why people would pay to watch this shite is a mystery to me.
2. Formula 1 - Here's another incredibly dull sport. What's worse than watching a bunch of super fast cars going round a track? Watching them do it over and over again about 50 times. Tedious.
3. Bowls - The pensioner's favourite. I switch over the minute this comes on TV. Dull, dull, dull. Did I mention it's dull?
4. Baseball - It's cricket but for the Yanks. Take a bat, hit a ball, and run around. Oh what joy! Not for me thank you very much. I say good luck to America and their 'World Series' which only they play! (Are Tyrone GAA world champions by the way?)
5. American Football - Yes it's called 'football' over there even though feet are hardly used in the sport. Yeah that makes sense. It makes as much sense as branding a sport which is entirely about using your feet as 'soccer'. Unbelievable. American Football is like Rugby...if Rugby was played by pussies. What's with the helmets and body armour guys? Bunch of sissies...
6. Golf - Borrrrriiiiinnnnnggggg. Take a club, hit a ball, walk alot, and put the ball in a hole. Yawn. I'd much rather watch and play snooker. When you watch snooker at least it can get tactical which is interesting. And when you play snooker, there's little walking involved! It's superior to golf in every way!
7. Athletics - Unless it's the Olympics I just can't find Athletics exciting. Running, jumping, that thing where you throw the other thing etc. Zzzzzz.
8. Squash - This isn't dull but it's ridiculous! Lock yourself into a confined space with another fool and start bashing a ball around the place. Gee I wonder if the ball will hit you? Duh! This is a sport where armour really is necessary!
9. Horse Racing - Admittedly the Irish ( and when I say Irish I mean the boggers) are good at this but if like me you're not a gambling man then the sport is a bit drab.
10. Basketball - Are there even Irish clubs over here? Watching this sport for me is out of the question and as for playing it, well, once I realise that putting the ball in the hoop is alot harder than I first thought I tend to get fed up mighty fast.

So there you have it. The ten worst sports as chosen by me. Feel free to comment on my choices or to offer up some of your own.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

© 2008 United Irelander.