Thursday, August 04, 2005

 

You're a disgrace, RTE!

Much to my horror, I happened to catch a glimpse of the 'You're a Star Charity Special' tonight on RTE1.




Why must this monstrosity of a TV programme haunt our TV screens? The show is a joke as proven by the diabolical results Ireland has received using these 'stars' in the Eurovision.

I didn't get to watch too much of the show for fear that my eyes would my melt and that my ears would bleed so if anyone knows what this 'charity special' is all about, feel free to tell me.

Call me cynical if you must, but it seems to me this is just a clever ploy by RTE to use the high ratings this charity special will no doubt receive to argue that the show should be kept on for next year.

Well it shouldn't. The show is typical Irish muck. Muck that clearly doesn't appeal to the people of Europe. It's time this overrated rubbish was consigned to the dustbin along with other awful shows like The Panel, Tubridy Tonight and The Lyrics Board. Let's have some decent programmes for once if that's possible.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - RTE stands for Really Terrible Entertainment!

Ok, I feel better now after that rant!

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

© 2008 United Irelander.