Tuesday, August 02, 2005

 

Top Ten Tuesday - Sitcoms

Writing about Family Guy has got me thinking about sitcoms so I thought I'd make a list of my ten favourite sitcoms. So without further ado:

1. Father Ted - I love Father Ted. I'm a big fan. I find something funny in all the episodes. A great show.
2. The Simpsons - Misses out on top spot due to the recent seasons which in my view are complete shite. During the mid-nineties the show hit its peak and it was hilarious.
3. Family Guy - I enjoy Family Guy but it's so hard to get it over here. Sky were showing episodes very late a few months back. Hopefully the new season now in America will be shown here.
4. Only Fools and Horses - The new episodes were alright but the classic ones are the older episodes. I'm a big fan of them.
5. One Foot in the Grave - I'm a big fan of One Foot in the Grave though I didn't like the final episode. I also like the Father Ted episode with Richard Wilson!
6. The Office - I got into The Office quite late but when I got into it I was hooked. I think the last two episodes of The Office are absolutely hilarious.
7. South Park - It's foul-mouthed but I like it. I'm not a major fan but I watch it when I get the chance.
8. Everybody Loves Raymond - Again, I don't get to see this often but I really like this show and the exploits of this crazy family.
9. Steptoe and Son - Probably should be higher on the list in fairness. A great British show that I loved watching as a child.
10. King of Queens - I only started watching this American comedy quite recently and I really like it. There's always one laugh-out-loud moment in this show for me.

So there you have it. Feel free to comment on my choices or to offer some of your own.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

© 2008 United Irelander.