Friday, March 25, 2005

 

United is Best

I haven't been commenting on the news in recent days as I have been absorbed in Joe Tierney's book, which I have been serialising on United Irelander.One bit of news that I have been meaning to talk about though concerns the comments made by Irish legend George Best who this week called for an all-Ireland team.He said:

"I just believe in trying something.If it doesn't work, at least you've tried. I just hope it happens in my lifetime."

Amen to that.I have called for an all-Ireland team on this blog before.See here.
What amuses me is those NI supporters who believe an all-Ireland team is beneath them! That's rich coming from a team that is likely to be decimated by the English at the weekend! An Ireland team with Keane and Lennon in the centre would be very difficult to beat.Indeed, Ireland could be one of the top ten teams in the world for the next 20 years if we pooled our resources together.I would have no problem with the IFA running things since the FAI are a shambles.
Let's see it happen.Let's listen to the greatest player to ever emerge from this island and let's unite the two teams.United we stand, divided we fall.Well...divided NI will fall that's for sure!

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

© 2008 United Irelander.