Friday, December 23, 2005

 

Have a very Merry Christmas!

You wish I was under your tree!I think the great author Charles Dickens summed Christmas up best when he wrote...

"Happy, happy Christmas, that can win us back to the delusions of our childhood days, recall to the old man the pleasures of his youth, and transport the traveller back to his own fireside and quiet home!"

Christmas is my favourite time of year and while the magic of it is lessens as one gets older, I think it's still possible to, in the words of the Irish poet Patrick Kavanagh, "remember something of the gay Garden that was childhood's".

With that being said, I'm going to take some time off over the Christmas period. This isn't a time of year that should be spent arguing. It's a time to cherish the things that are important in life.

Comment moderation will be put in place for posts until I come back which will probably be in a week or so.

I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! God bless.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

© 2008 United Irelander.