Friday, November 18, 2005

 

The legend departs

Man I was not expecting this!

Manchester United's long-serving captain Roy Keane has left the club by mutual consent.

A statement released by the Old Trafford outfit confirmed that their long-serving captain has departed with immediate effect after it became clear that his future at the club was untenable.

The 34-year-old Irishman’s representative Michael Kennedy met United chief executive David Gill at Old Trafford to thrash out details of Keane’s severance.

Keane is expected to seek out a new club and to continue playing.

I'm very saddened by this news. Roy Keane was an outstanding player for club and country and I think it's fair to say that Manchester United's slim chances of catching Chelsea in the Premierhsip have all but disappeared. I don't know if there's more to this than meets the eye but whatever the story is, I wish Roy well.

What next for everybody's favourite Corkonian? I think we'll end up seeing Keane donning the famous green and white hooped shirt of Celtic.

Thanks for the memories, Roy. There's only one Keano!

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

© 2008 United Irelander.