Friday, November 18, 2005

 

Fun Irelander Feature - Chat-up lines

Chat-up lines. The great mainstay of the Irish party scene. Most of us have at least one friend who delights in using them. Some of you may even be that guy! Not me though. I can't say I've ever used one...whilst sober. Here's a recent conversation I had with a mate of mine not too long ago who fancies himself more than the ladies ever could. We were in a bar and an attractive lady had been spotted. So my mate turns to me and he says:

"Right I've got this great chat-up line that I'm gonna use tonight."

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah. This is what I'm going to say to her, "Wow your father must have been a baker 'cos you've got a great set of buns."

"....."

"Well, what do you think of it?"

"How many drinks have you had?"

"Yeah make fun but I'm telling ya it will work. You watch."

So I watched. It didn't work. Big surprise! I think the only chat-up line I've ever used has been "Hi". It's simple yet effective! Some of the chat-up lines that are out there are crazy though and shockingly some guys actually use them. The BBC have highlighted a few of them:

"Excuse me, I'm a little short on cash, would you mind if we shared a cab home?"

"You might not be the most beautiful girl in the world, but beauty is only a light switch away..."

"Hi, I'm Mr. Right. Someone said you were looking for me."

"My name's.............. That's so you know what to scream."

"Do you sleep on your stomach? Do you mind if I do?"

"Is your dad a terrorist? Because you're the bomb!" (Careful about using this in certain parts of Ireland)

"Put your crash helmet on, you're going through the head board."

"Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?"

What I'd like to know is have any of you guys out there ever used any chat-up lines? Have any of you ladies ever been on the receiving end of some? Any interesting stories to share? Feel free to do so!

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

© 2008 United Irelander.