Wednesday, October 12, 2005

 

'What If'? Wednesday - Irish victory

Obviously the big game is on tonight between Ireland and Switzerland. Ireland must win to guarantee at least a play-off spot for the World Cup.

My question is - what are you going to do if Ireland win?

I think if Ireland win some serious celebrations are in order.

This particular beverage would be consumed quite a bit I imagine.

I won't bother asking what you would do if Ireland won and France slipped up against Cyprus meaning we qualified automatically. The country would go nuts! Workplaces around the country would be inundated with staff calling in sick the next day:

'Yeah I must have gotten that 24 hour stomach bug that's been going around'.

'So you didn't watch the match last night then'?

'The match? No. I'm not into football. I was up last night doing those papers you wanted.

(Same again mate?)

'What was that'?

'Uh, that was just the TV.'

The above passage in no way suggests I will do likewise should Ireland win today!

So what about yourselves? Where are you planning to watch the big game and what are you planning to do if we get the result we need?

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

© 2008 United Irelander.