Wednesday, September 07, 2005

 

'What If'? Wednesday - Irish victory

As I write this, there's just over 17 hours to go until Ireland play France at Lansdowne Road. Can you believe it? It's only hours away. I can't remember the last time I was so excited about a football match. Think of the players that will be on show. Roy Keane and Patrick Vieira, Damien Duff and Zinedine Zidane, Robbie Keane and Thierry Henry and so on. What a match it will be! I hope to God that Ireland pull off the victory. I would rank it up there with the great victory over Holland in 2001. And with that being said, I must ask myself the question - what if Ireland are victorious?

Well obviously we top the group but I mean here on United Irelander, what will happen if Ireland win? Well, here's what you can expect...

- Patriotism to be cranked up - The Oirishness will leap off the screen!

- Analysis of the victory - I will try to suppress the desire to gloat.

- Analysis of why France failed - I'll try and be gentle.

- A song in tribute to the team - You heard me right!

- Pictures of sexy Irish women - I'm not really sure why...but it will happen!

And if we lose? Dún do bhéal! Hopefully that won't happen.

Don't expect any more posts from me today because if Ireland win or draw, I'll be consuming alot of this. And if we lose, I'll be consuming alot of this.

So I guess there's nothing left to say except...come on Ireland!

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

© 2008 United Irelander.