Saturday, September 03, 2005

 

The Queen won't like that...

So I watched Wales play England today. Wales were very disappointing and England thoroughly deserved to win. They controlled the game.

What I found most interesting though was before the game when the two teams were standing for the anthems. The Welsh fans showed major disrespect towards 'God Save The Queen' and the English fans responded in kind towards the Welsh anthem.

I seem to recall alot of disrespect shown by English fans towards the Welsh anthem in the last World Cup qualifier in England so was this simple retaliation from the Welsh fans, or does it indicate that the Welsh don't give a damn about 'her majesty'?

I thought the whole thing was rather amusing. I wonder if there will be much written about it?

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

© 2008 United Irelander.