Wednesday, August 10, 2005

 

Dawn of a new era (ahem)

As I hinted yesterday, Young Irelander's blogging days are now over. From now on I will be going by the handle 'United Irelander'. It seemed to me to make more sense. Uh-oh, I can feel the anger from my fellow bloggers as I write this. I think I've some explaining to do...

Having made the decision to abandon the Young Irelander handle I've used for so long, I thought to myself, why not go out in style and make it appear like I've actually given up blogging altogether! What a great idea I thought...until I read the comments that were made about me. Now I think we'll file this under 'when pranks go wrong'.

Some of the comments that were left, even by people I don't recall conversing with, left me humbled. Literally. Some bloggers even wasted bandwidth on my silly word twisting prank. Ciaran wrote this lovely piece and PS over at Balrog wrote this piece which was so flattering towards me that it left me feeling truly horrible about my stupid stunt. I can assure him and everyone else that left such kind remarks that I am not worthy of such high praise. Not at all. This particular incident probably shows you that!

I was actually so honoured by the comments that I thought to myself, well, perhaps I should pack it in? But I don't think I'm ready for that just yet. I don't see myself staying in the blogging side of things long-term but I do feel it would be a shame to walk away at this particular point in time. So I won't. I'll just be going by the blog's name - United Irelander.

Once again, apologies to those who left such kind words. I hope that you will all try and see the funny side of this. I mean, when you think about it, it is sort of funny right? Right? Uh...I'll just shut up now.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

© 2008 United Irelander.