Tuesday, March 14, 2006

 

UI gets a makeover

So what do you make of the new-look United Irelander? With St Patrick's Day on the horizon and the 1916 Rising celebrations approaching, I figured it was a good time to make some changes to the colour scheme and so I've reverted back to the old green look, albeit with a few tweaks here and there.

I know quite a few of you didn't like the blue look of old so hopefully this proves more eye-catching. I've added a poll on my sidebar to see what you think and all feedback is welcome.

The colour scheme isn't the only new addition to United Irelander. Wednesdays will see me interview various figures from all walks of Irish political life and first up tomorrow will be Fianna Fáil's Mayor of Letterkenny Damien Blake. Make sure you check that out.

On a final note, I'm still seeking an article for my weekend guest post here on United Irelander. Last week MWK wrote a great article which proved interesting for alot of you so if you think you can do just as good a job or better, email me something, on whatever topic you like, and I'll post it up on Saturday. Otherwise you'll just have to hear from me again!

Anyway, I hope you all enjoy the new changes to United Irelander.

Update: There have been some issues with the size of the logo above. Right now it is set at its original height and width without any stretching of the image. Do you think I should stretch it out a bit more? What do you all think?

Update 2: I've tweaked the heading again. Hopefully that's a bit clearer for you all. If not then tell me where I went wrong and hurl abuse at me over it.

Update 3: I've made it a teeny bit bigger. But is it a teeny bit better?

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

© 2008 United Irelander.