Wednesday, February 08, 2006

 

The view of an Irish blogger

I was tagged by Fence of Pretty Cunning and Frank from The Land of Ireland for one of these meme things. I really hate these memes. I should write a list of why I hate memes and post it to a few people telling them to pass it on. That would show 'em. This meme is actually more of a survey though to discover the general view of the Irish blogger. The general view of the Irish blogger? Let's see...fat, maybe divorced, likes watching Star Trek and Family Guy and is a mad GAA fan. That's just my guess but I digress. I decided to take part so here's my answers:

Gender: Male

Age: Um, I'll leave that to the imagination (it's rude to ask...)

Nationality: Dubliner...just kidding. Irish through and through, baby!

Country of residence: The Irish nation

Sexual orientation: Straight

Do you have a disability? No.

How would you describe your political philosophy? Well, I am in favour of Irish reunification. I'm liberal in some ways and conservative in other ways. I'm an Irish nationalist but you might also say I'm an Irish republican (small r).

Level of Education: Third-level

If you were to vote on party lines which party would you choose (Ireland)? I guess I'm a floating voter. I'm not aligned to any one party. I feel we need a change of government so I imagine right now I'd give my vote to either Fine Gael or Labour.

If you were to vote on party lines which party would you choose (UK)? Probably Labour.

If you were to vote on party lines which party would you choose (USA)? Not sure on that one. I would think Democrats but it's hard to say.

Where do you stand on the EU? I'd like to stand on their faces. I can't stand the EU and I oppose their efforts to destroy the sovereignty of nation-states.

Did you support the invasion of Afghanistan? Absolutely. The Taliban had to be dealt with.

Did you support the invasion of Iraq? Sure did. Saddam needed to be removed. Iraq and the Iraqi people are better off without him and his family running the show.

Do you continue to support either or both of those conflicts? Well I don't support the 'conflict' aspect of it (who does?) but I admire the work that is being done by US and Allied troops in the two countries and I believe they're doing the right thing.

What do you believe is the single biggest issue facing Irish politics? The partition of Ireland is the single biggest issue facing Irish politics and has been since 1921. It's not only the biggest issue facing Irish politics, but facing Irishness in general and until the issue is resolved we are an incomplete people.

What do you believe is the single biggest issue facing European politics? Defending the nation-state from the power-hungry bureaucrats from Brussels. The EU Constitution hasn't gone away you know...

What do you believe is the single biggest issue facing international politics? Poverty. It's the major issue that mankind cannot get right.

Are you, have you ever been, and do you ever wish to be involved in politics in a party political manner? Never been involved. Would I like to be one day? Maybe...

Who would you have voted for in the past US Presidential Election? The boring chap who lost. What was his name? Jim Kenny?


OK I think I have to tag four people. I'll tag Balrog, Raiméis, Gerry O'Sullivan and El Blogador.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

© 2008 United Irelander.