Saturday, December 10, 2005

 

English get kind draw

Well the draw for the World Cup has been made and the English have been handed a pretty good draw. They have found themselves in Group B and the group looks like this:

England
Paraguay
Trinidad & Tobago
Sweden

The English media will no doubt hype up the Sweden encounter as it's Sven-Goran Eriksson going up against his own country.

All in all though, I think England have gotten a decent draw and I think they have a great chance of topping their group.

The real question however is, who will win the World Cup? Will it be England? In my opinion they will do well but they won't win it.

I'm tipping Brazil. They have Ronaldinho. 'Nuff said.

I think Switzerland could prove a surprise package in the tournament. They have found themselves in the same group as France but they did well against them in the qualifying stages (and Ireland of course) and the other teams in their group are South Korea and Togo. I would fancy Switzerland to come out of that group.

I hope the Aussies do well also. It should be the sporting event of the year. A shame Ireland aren't in it!

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

© 2008 United Irelander.