Thursday, December 08, 2005

 

Remembering a legend and a genius

I felt I ought to make a post about a man who I feel was one of the greatest musical talents who ever lived.

It was
25 years ago today that this great talent, John Lennon, was taken from all of us when he was shot dead by crazed fan Mark Chapman.

His death was a terrible tragedy.

Lennon created music that was timeless. I am a big Beatles fan. I like In My Life, I Want To Hold Your Hand, Norwegian Wood, and many, many more of their hits.

I also like his solo hit Imagine and one of my favourite Christmas tunes is Happy Christmas (War is Over).

Isn't it fascinating how people from working class backgrounds tended to find themselves with an incredible gift? George Best came from a Protestant working class background in Belfast. Lennon and McCarthy came from Irish Catholic working class backgrounds in Liverpool.

While John Lennon might not be with us any more, at least we know that his musical gift will never ever be forgotten.


RIP John.

A very Merry Christmas,
And a happy New Year,
Let's hope it's a good one,
Without any fear.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

© 2008 United Irelander.