Thursday, July 14, 2005

 

Mullen Magic

I have praised Irish Examiner writer Ronan Mullen in the past on United Irelander and I must praise him again after his latest piece. His opinions are much the same as my own and I've rarely come across a writer who impresses me on such a consistent basis. His latest piece is critical of Ahern's attitude towards the threat posed to Ireland by Islamic terrorists:

'Are our rulers adopting a 'softly-softly' approach?

'If so, it is costly. It fails to reckon with the true motivation of terrorists and it fails to maintain solidarity with countries which need our support. Al-Qaida's attacks have very little to do with western governments' policies and everything to do with destroying western civilisation itself. Their own statements say as much'.

It's an excellent article by Mr Mullen and I urge you to read it. You can find it here.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

© 2008 United Irelander.