Sunday, February 13, 2005

 

Sunday Scrutiny-Prince Charles

I do not like the Royal family.I believe they are a bunch of spongers who delight in taking taxpayer's money in the way their ancestors delighted in taking people's land.
However,I do not mind Prince Charles.I am not a John Bruton-type fan of his,but I respect the man and believe he is a decent person.This week the focus has been on his impending marriage to Camilla Parker Bowles.What do I make of this?

I think it is farcical that some British people feel that a man of Charles' age should be dictated to on who he can or cannot marry.Besides,he is a monarch and can do whatever the hell he wants.If these royalists have a problem with that then they should become republicans!
I am of the opinion that when Bonnie Prince Charlie steps up to become head honcho in the archaic monarchist system that British people will realise it is time for something more modern such as a republic.A monarchy in the 21st century is ludicrous.

What's on the horizon for the monarchist system itself?Wedding bells or death knells?
We can only wait and see but I wish Charles well with his marriage.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

© 2008 United Irelander.