Saturday, January 22, 2005

 

Hero/Villain of the Day-22.01.05

Hero: Eoin Ryan:The Fianna Fail MEP said today that EU governments should put more pressure on the European Investment Bank(EIB) to support projects in The Third World.
Currently,the bank lends €3bn per year,or approximately 7% of its budget,to developing countries but Mr Ryan said that this must be increased to help countries empower themselves.

"What I'm calling for,"he said,"is a mandate in which they can increase the level of investment into Third World Countries.We also need to develop businesses in these countries."

Well said Mr Ryan.Keep pushing those bureaucrats until you get results!

Villain:Ron Atkinson:Oh dear!Big Ron's gone and made another big blunder!
Having been forced to resign as a football analyst with ITV last April over racist comments dircected at Chelsea's Marcel Desailly,you'd think he'd learn his lesson,but no.
Atkinson has sparked outrage over comments he made about Chinese women at a fund-raising event at Sheffield Wednesday.He told the audience:

"The Chinese have the best contraception in the world-but I can't understand why there's so many of them because their women are so ugly."

Atkinson defended himself in the Sheffield Star saying: "I cannot believe anyone has complained about anything I said.I went there to help them out and to raise money.I stayed for ages and did photographs.I can't believe this-I just can't believe this."

"I can't say anything now.I've been ultra-careful about everything.It was an easy evening and everyone enjoyed themselves."

Ron,you have messed up.I quite liked Ron Atkinson when he was on ITV but it seems that he has yet to fully appreciate what comments are appropriate and what are not.His managerial tactics were often criticised.It seems to me he's lacking in tact as well as tactics!

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

© 2008 United Irelander.