Thursday, May 04, 2006

 

Thursday Thoughts: UI's 2000th post

About time you checked out what's written here! Blogger has informed me that this is my 2,000th post here on United Irelander. It feels good to get to this point. I guess it's not as important as say, the 1,000th post, but the way I look at it, if we here in Ireland can mark a 90th anniversary then celebrating United Irelander's 2,000th post is fine and dandy!

I figured I should try and write something special for the occasion and so I felt for my 2,000th post I would reflect on some of the things I've personally discovered from my experience blogging:

1) Blogging is ridiculously addictive. I try and stay away but it keeps drawing me back. You've probably figured that out yourselves seeing as this is my 2,000th post. When I go on my holidays this summer I am going to miss blogging.

2) Blogging about NI can be very frustrating. Sometimes it can make you feel like you're banging your head against a brick wall.

3) Banging your head against a brick wall is strangely compelling though.

4) I'm never wrong. See point 3.

5) The ones who claim to not give a damn about my views are invariably the ones who take the most time analysing them and trying to prove them wrong.

6) On United Irelander, just like most nationalist/unionist blogs, whataboutery is as common as vomit on St Patrick's Day.

7) I can be pretty good at winding people up. The same is true of a lot of United Irelander's visitors.

8) My experiences with getting interviews with politicians for my Words on Wednesday features has shown me that there are a lot of very decent politicians out there...as well as a lot of lying muppets.

9) Jo and Jacqui are the same person (you know I'm right).

10) Writing about a United Ireland is fun - even for those who oppose one.

11) Google Ads are way overrated.

12) Coming up with lists like this is hard. I hate Tuesdays.

13) I tend to write things in the images of my posts that can be read only by hovering your mouse over them. I'm still not sure if anyone actually reads them though...

14) I don't regret any of my 2,000 posts. As Henry Kissinger once said, "Accept everything about yourself - I mean everything, You are you and that is the beginning and the end - no apologies, no regrets."

15) It's not the 2,000 posts that make this place, it's the people who comment here. I hate none of you, respect all of you and thank you for your contribution.

Thanks for reading.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

© 2008 United Irelander.