Friday, April 07, 2006

 

Fun Irelander Feature - Grand National

Who will prevail?Well it's that time of year again. The Grand National takes place at Aintree tomorrow and I'm planning on making a bet.

I'm not a gambling man usually but I tend to make a bet for this particular race. Mind you, the last time I accurately predicted the winner was when Earth Summit won, which I think was back in '98, and it was one of the rare occasions where I didn't place money on it!

I'm hoping my luck changes this year though so I'm going to share with you all the one I'm going for:

Clan Royal - Tony McCoy's horse has been hotly tipped but the real reason I'm going for this one is that I've found out that the horse's number is 16. Sixteen? After the posts I've been writing lately surely that has to be a sign?!

I tend to go for an outside bet as well however so I think this year I'll go with Cornish Rebel for that.

What about yourselves though? Does anyone have any good tips they'd like to share?

Update: My horse Clan Royal finished third. It was an Irish victory today however with Numbersixvalverde winning the race. The horse was ridden by Ireland's Niall 'Slippers' Madden, so it's not a bad day!

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

© 2008 United Irelander.