Wednesday, April 12, 2006

 

Do you agree with the Irish state celebrating the Easter Rising?

The Easter Rising should be celebrated in my viewI haven't done a poll here on United Irelander for some time and with this being a very important week for the people of Ireland, I felt a new poll was merited. Thus I have created a poll which asks the following question:

Do you agree with the Irish state celebrating the Easter Rising?

As usual please take the time to vote in the poll along my sidebar and please use the comments section of this post to explain which way you voted and why.

Unsurprisingly, I voted that yes I do agree with Irish state celebrating the Easter Rising.

I don't feel there would be an Irish state today if it weren't for the bravery shown by the Easter rebels back in 1916. I don't think Irish people should be ashamed of supporting an event that was justifiable as well as necessary to give the people of Ireland a voice.

What are your own thoughts though?

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

© 2008 United Irelander.