Sunday, April 10, 2005

 

Sunday Scrutiny-Markham

I was very impressed by this blog, The Big Drought, which I came across recently while viewing Ciaran's Blog. It's run by a Dubliner, Markham, who has decided to go 12 months without alcohol. He began his 'drought' from St.Patrick's Day this year and it will run until St.Patrick's Day next year. I know what you're thinking...

The crazy bastard.

Well, give the man credit! I certainly do. I don't think I could do that. (actually I don't think I would want to do that but still...) Irish society these days is obsessed by alcohol. When an Irish guys turns 18 his whole world begins to revolve around trips to the pub, club, field...well you get the idea. So this is no easy challenge in the RePUBlic of Ireland. (did you see what I did there? Good)

Anyway give his site a look. I raise my glass to him!

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

© 2008 United Irelander.