Friday, February 18, 2005
Apparently Sinn Fein members regularly travelled to Eastern Europe to clinch the cigarette deals.The Provos were on the verge of laundering much of the Northern Bank cash when the CAB(Criminal Assets Bureau) struck yesterday at lunchtime.It was also revealed that:
- Dublin criminals were also involved in laundering the cash for Sinn Fein.
- As much as €200m has been laundered in the past ten years by republicans.
- The Provos have become involved in extensive property transactions-buying up large tracts of property in the North.Much of the money is being spent on pubs.
- They have just purchased a major property in Sweden.
- They were about to put a lot of the Northern Bank money into another land deal
The operation has been covert for many months and involved officers,led by Deputy Commissioner Fachtna Murphy,Asst Commissioner Tony Hickey and Det Chief Supt Felix McKenna of the CAB.There has been cooperation with the PSNI.
The article states that "Sinn Fein's so-called anti-crime stance is a sham" and that "party members have been using major criminal gangs in Dublin and Limerick to launder a trail of dirty money".
Sinn Fein's credibility is lost and hopefully their vote will be damaged considerably.
© 2008 United Irelander.