Friday, June 02, 2006

 

Summer vacation

I love summer"We're all going on a summer holiday,
No more working for a week or two,
Fun and laughter on a summer holiday,
No more worries for me and you,
For a week or two."

Some of you who have emailed me will already be aware of this, but for those of you who are not, I am going on my summer holidays from next week.


I'll be away from Monday and since I can't be arsed blogging over the weekend, this will be my last post for a while.

The last few days have been, shall we say, peculiar but I appreciate the kind comments left by many of you on United Irelander as well as those of you who emailed me with your messages of support.

Without sounding too preachy here, there are people who dislike blogs and there are people who don't understand them. I happen to both like and understand them and for me, the role between a blogger and his/her audience is sacrosanct. I think a lot of you respect the fact that what I write about is always 100% from the heart and reflects my honest, earnest thoughts and feelings. What you choose to do with those opinions of course is entirely up to you.


I'm going to wrap up here by telling you that I aim to be back the week starting Monday the 19th of June (but don't hold me to that). I have some more interesting interviews lined up including ones with some well-known Irish figures but you're going to have to wait a little while for them.

I'll leave you then with these nice words courtesy of Gertrude Jekyll:

"What is one to say about June, the time of perfect young summer, the fulfillment of the promise of the earlier months, and with as yet no sign to remind one that its fresh young beauty will ever fade."

I wish you a warm summer and I'm not just talking about the weather. All the best and keep well.

Update: I have decided to enable comment moderation until I return full time in a few weeks. Thanks for your kind comments, all. Enjoy the summer.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

© 2008 United Irelander.