Tuesday, February 21, 2006

 

Top Ten Tuesday - Funny TV shows

Harry Hill = HilaritySeeing as I was involved in a discussion with some friends today on the funniest shows on TV right now, I figured it would also be a good idea to devote this week's edition of Top Ten Tuesday towards the matter.

With that being said, I hereby present to you the funniest shows on TV right now. So without further ado:

1. Harry Hill's TV Burp - I am one of the biggest Harry Hill fans (pictured left) around. I love his show. You can catch it at 5:30 pm on Saturdays on ITV1. This programme is incredibly sharp and witty and it leaves me laughing out loud for close to thirty minutes straight. Excellent show. More please, ITV!

2. Curb Your Enthusiasm - Phenomenal programme. Absolutely hilarious. I love Larry David! He comes across like an American version of Victor Meldrew. If you haven't experienced the joys of Curb Your Enthusiasm, this episode is well worth a look.

3. Late Night With Conan O'Brien - Conan O'Brien is the best presenter on TV in my opinion. I think he puts other presenters to shame. I love so many things about this show. The Walker Texas Ranger lever, the Celebrity Survey and If They Mated features, but I especially love Triumph the Insult Comic Dog. Check out Triumph and Conan in this fantastic parody of Eminem's 8 Mile.

4. Family Guy - Family Guy has clearly surpassed The Simpsons in terms of quality due to The Simpsons being a big pile of shite these days. Whether or not Family Guy beats The Simpsons when it was in its prime is another matter altogether - it doesn't in my view - but right now Family Guy is the funniest cartoon on TV.

5. South Park - Tom Cruise threatened to sue the creators of South Park over the way they portrayed him in the episode on Scientology so they must be doing something right! South Park isn't afraid to tackle edgy issues. Michael Jackson Jefferson, Scientology, PETA etc have all come under fire. That's the way it should be!

6. The Daily Show - Jon Stewart's show is great at poking fun at American politician's foibles. To view, in my opinion, the funniest moment in Daily Show history, go here.

7. The Tonight Show - I like Jay Leno's show but I much prefer Conan O'Brien's to be honest. Leno's monologues are disappointing as far as I'm concerned but I do like the Headlines feature alot.

8.Just For Laughs - I try to watch this whenever I can as it's good to hear from the various stand-ups plying their trade in Montreal. I don't mean to come across as chauvinistic here, (as if that could happen) but why is it that women stand-ups aren't funny at all? All the best ones are men. Think about it.

9. King of Queens - I can't see this show as often as I'd like especially seeing as RTE scrapped it from their schedules, but I was really into this show. It used to have at least one laugh out loud moment per episode. The old guy in it, Arthur, is great!

10. Hearts and Minds - No list of funny TV shows would be complete without the inclusion of the BBC's Hearts and Minds show. Yes it is a serious programme but there's something undeniably funny about watching a bunch of adults sitting around a table acting worse than little children. Unmissable viewing!

So there you have it. The top ten funniest shows on TV right now. Feel free to comment on my choices or to offer up some of your own.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

© 2008 United Irelander.