Wednesday, February 23, 2005
'What If'?Wednesday-Sinn Fein Abandoned
What if nationalist voters turned away from Sinn Fein and started to back the SDLP?Well,I believe the effect would be thus:
- The future of nationalism would be left in the hands of men and women who would work to promote the idea of a united,peaceful Ireland without having the threat of violence in the background.
- Nationalists would have people representing them who recognise that a mandate is an obigation to help and serve the people,not a license to embezzle and intimidate.
- The Irish government and the Irish people would be dealing with a party that acknowledges the Dail as the legitimate government of the Irish people.
- Unionists would be happier to engage in dialogue with individuals they know are not directly linked to a war machine.
- The peace process would be able to move forward with hope and trust rather than be held back by misery and suspicion.
- Sinn Fein would be forced to take major steps to regain the trust of the Irish people such as decommissioning and disbandment.
With all this to gain,why on earth are nationalists continuing to vote for terrorists and their proxies?
© 2008 United Irelander.