Saturday, April 14, 2007

 

Point Barrow worth a punt

I'm not normally a gambling man but ever since I was a boy I've enjoyed sticking a few bob on the Grand National.

Alas it's been absolutely ages since I've correctly predicted the winner but I'm hopeful my fortunes will change this year! The race begins at 4:15 pm.

United Irelander's tip? Point Barrow.

I think Irish eyes will be smiling once more at Aintree and my money's on the Pat Hughes-trained Point Barrow to steal the show along with jockey Philip Carberry.

It's a 10-1 shot and I'd advise putting a few euros/pounds on it.


Update: My bloody horse fell at the second!

The winner was an Irish horse though, Silver Birch, a 33-1 shot. Anyone shrewd enough to put a few quid on that will be very pleased today.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

© 2008 United Irelander.