Tuesday, March 07, 2006

 

Top Ten Tuesday - Classical music

I'll let you all in on a little secret - I've found myself listening to alot of classical music lately. Now I may not know classical music very well but I know what I like and I thought I'd share with you what I personally consider to be the top ten classical music pieces out there. So without further ado:

1. Dance of the Knights - This is perhaps the greatest musical piece ever made in my view. I remember Nasa sent a probe into space years ago that had information about humans on it in case any aliens happened to intercept it. I think they put a piece by Mozart on it. In my view they should have put this piece by prokofiev on it as it would have scared the bejaysus out of them.

2. Largo - Very melodious piece and very soothing

3. Peer Gynt Suite: Morning Wood - Another melodious offering. Easy to drift off to sleep with this one.

4. Nessun Dorma - Conjures up thoughts of football this one but I think it's still a great song.

5. March of the Toreadors - This piece is great and makes you want to get up and march about yourself. (Or maybe that's just me...)

6. Carmina Burana - O Fortuna - This one could have been sent on the space probe too. A resounding piece of music.

7. Thus Spake Zarathustra: Sunrise - This is renowned for being used in the film 2001: A Space Oddysey. A great score.

8. Adagio for Strings, Op. 11 - This piece is renowned for being used in the film Platoon and is another great score, though it's quite sad.

9. The Great Gate of Kiev - I like this piece alot. Sounds very majestic.

10. Die Walkure: Ride of the Valkyries - Very dramatic piece this one. Another good score.

So there you have it. The top ten classical music pieces as chosen by me. Have I left out any great songs here? Do you recommend checking out any other pieces? Feel free to comment on my choices or to offer up some of your own.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

© 2008 United Irelander.